We offer the following warranties on services and products.
- All our frames carry a 12-month warranty against manufacturing faults. We recommend patients obtain insurance to cover their glasses against loss or damage.
- Eyeplan patients are covered with Accidental Damage on their spectacles bought with eyeplan.
- All our single vision and bifocal lenses carry a 60-day exchange warranty for any intolerance to a new lens prescription. Note, this does not include patients who have a progressive eye condition.
- All varifocal lenses carry a 60-day warranty for intolerance to new prescriptions. There is a full money back guarantee for non-tolerance to first-time varifocal lenses or a choice of exchange with single vision lenses or bifocals.
- All spectacle lens coating have a 12-month warranty if they fail or break down. They are not guaranteed against damage through e.g. scratches or contact with solvents.
- All premium coatings e.g. Essilor forte have a 2 year guarantee
- All our gas permeable contact lenses have a 60-day warranty against manufacturing faults or intolerance to prescription or comfort of the lenses. We recommend patients obtain an insurance for their contact lenses or join the Eyeplan as they are able to replace old or lost contact lenses at a substantial reduced cost.
- We do not offer refunds or exchanges on non prescription sunglass purchases. This does not effect your statutory rights
Optitech opticians rely on maintaining their good reputation for providing quality products at competitive prices with guarantees and warranties that reassure our patients that they have the right product at the right price.
Patients can have confidence in the spectacles and sunglasses they purchase as they carry a full year's guarantee. The prescription following an eye examination is also guaranteed for 60 days when the product is purchased from us.
Where a prescription requires adjustment within 60 days we replace lenses without further cost (progressive eye conditions not included). We do not provide refunds except in the unlikely event of a manufacturing error occurring on two or more occasions. However, we provide a full refund of varifocal lenses in cases of intolerance to the lens design.